Regional Groups Brain Bank
The following are maintained "wiki-style" by volunteers in the SciWriCongress network, and serves as a reference for anyone interested in growing or starting a Regional Science Writers Group. They provide an overview of the operational, funding, membership, and programming considerations involved in running a Regional Group. Helpful documents — such as examples of bylaws, membership criteria, event language — are curated here.
- Operations — Board and committee structures, nonprofit status, elections, etc.
- Funding — Revenue sources, treasury and accounting, tax filings, etc.
- Membership — Recruitment, diversity and representations, dues, student engagement, etc.
- Programming — Event logistics, program design, professional development services, job lists, etc.
- Starting a New Group — Scoping, recruiting leadership, building coalitions and support, etc.